Elder Teagan J. Pitcher ... Serving in the Copenhagen Denmark Mission
Elder Pitcher
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." (Phillipians 4:13)

Monday, February 17, 2014

February 17, 2014

It's really nice to hear about your week, and I know Mom and Dad come first and that this week has been a bit different, just with everything brought to light so I appreciate that.

The package came through fine, and I loved every bit of it! One thing though, don't worry about sending Sarachi, you can buy it here for cheap actually, but everthing else was fantastic!

Monday- I played handball, Denmarks favorite! And I actually scored a lot of goals, it reminds me a lot of boxball actually, so I was able to apply a lot of the same skills.

I got nice new shoes. They're Eccos, and really nice. Also bought hair clippers since the ones you sent me fried in the higher voltage, hope that's ok... I actually am starting to get well known in the mission for cutting hair, and not just my own, I've cut a few elders including E. Francis, and Wright. Guess it runs in the family.

Also invited Therese to baptism, and she said yes, if she finds out it is true.

Got flat Stanley also from Kylee.

Tuesday- Made ‘K’ baptismal chart, he had a mood swing and dropped us again not giving up on him though. Contacted a man after Elder Redd jokingly remarked that he would have been baptized.... I ran after him after he said that and it turned out he was from LA and was really interested in what we had to say. I had a 30 min conversation on the street and I'm emailing him. Little miracle after the heartbreak with ‘K’.

Wednesday- Elder Redd checked into the commune, so he's official in København now! Got some photos with flat Stanley.

Thursday- Zone conference, I remarked 'The sun is out!' and the mission president turned it into one of the most emotional experiences I've heard. He changed it to 'yes Elder Pitcher, the SON is out' and completely brought a spiritual kick to the face to begin his lesson. Pres Sederholm is so inspired.

Went on splits with Elder Williardson from Amager, and an odd lady from Bornholm talked with him for 20 min. while I tried to figure out our way back to an area to contact, poor kid. But later in the splits he got his Danish complimented for the first time! It was awesome to be there for such an exciting moment for him in his mission. He was on such a spiritual high after that it was so cool.

Friday- Had dinner with the Franks and what an awesome couple they are. [This is a couple we know from home who went to Denmark on a business trip and took a package over with them for Teagan] So happy they came to visit, and they even knew someone one of the assistants knew from back home. What a small world.

I'm going to have to say, one of my favorite parts about the package was the ziploc baggies, you just can't find them here, and I didn't realize how much i would miss them.

Sunday- Therese came to church, and I used Dad's prophet lesson in guest class, it went really well. It's a little bit different in Danish though I might say. I also got sick over the weekend, but I'm feeling much better now.

I'm starting to just write down experiences in a little book I keep with me for emails now, so let me know how you feel about it! I hope all goes well, and want you both to know that I love you so very much and can't wait to hear more from you!