Elder Teagan J. Pitcher ... Serving in the Copenhagen Denmark Mission
Elder Pitcher
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." (Phillipians 4:13)

Monday, April 13, 2015

April 13, 2015

Hey ma and pa! 

Hey, did you both know that I love you?  I've seen the way the parents in this young branch raise their kids so focused around all the right things, and as you'll read later in the email, it helps me remember and appreciate all that you two have done for me.  They are AWESOME here.  And thank you again.  Here's a bit about my week though.

This week has gone by quickly. We had a lot to get around to, and between travelling to Fredericia for zone training, and Allerød for ‘V's baptism, it's been a pretty crazy week. I will say this though, it's been one of the more spiritually uplifting weeks of my mission.

To see how much of an impact the gospel has made on a family I've come to love in Helsingør, has been enough of a miracle in and of itself. I've seen a new light come into their eyes in relation to when I first met them, up to now where ‘V’ has just been confirmed a member of the church. They have had their struggles, and no doubt they haunt them every day, but they have a better view of the future now, and their hope strengthens my testimony.

Like I said, I LOVE this Family, and I was so happy I got to see all of them again. I was happy to see Lars there as well, despite him and Jessica having gone seperate ways, they get along, and Lars still has the missionaries over from time to time.  We still have a future Adventure Time man date set up as well for some day in the future. 

We have just AWESOME members here in Sønderborg. We have been out visiting them all recently, and they all have such strong families, and wonderful children. They are raising a wonderful generation of faith. 

On Sunday a former companion Elder (now Cameron) Walch was here visiting with his family.  I got to translate for them, and it was fun to see how American they looked ;)  They brought me a HUGE thing of American peanut butter for which I'm indebted to them. 

It was kind of a trunky moment, I must say, to have Elder Walch's mom stand up and bear her testimony of how proud she was of her son and all missionaries WHO serve.  It did bring the spirit really strong though, and I was touched. 

It's been a good week, this mission thing just keeps getting better :)

Still just chuggin' along here.  I love my mission :)
Ældste Pitcher