Elder Teagan J. Pitcher ... Serving in the Copenhagen Denmark Mission
Elder Pitcher
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." (Phillipians 4:13)

Monday, April 20, 2015

April 20, 2015

Hey Ma, and Pa!

This week in Sønderborg was awesome.  Especially for one friend, ‘M’, who has had an especially good week. 

We were able to meet with ‘M’, really focused meetings, 3 times this last week.  Each time we focused on coming to church, and during the second meeting, Elder Higby felt a prompting that may have made a serious, long-lasting change in ‘M's church attendance. 

Elder Higby proposed a fast on Saturday that the way would be prepared for ‘M’ to come to church yesterday.  ‘M’ felt a powerful confirmation that that was something that we should do, and of course I was all for it. 

Saturday comes, and we meet ‘M’ at the church with his family while they were cleaning the church, and have another awesome meeting, and he commits to come to church.  Fast forward a bit further and 5 minutes into the beginning of sacrament meeting ‘M’ walks in with the rest of his family.  Elder Higby and I were grinning from ear to ear. 

After church he called us to let us know what an incredible day he had had, and said he felt like it was about time for him to start coming to church more often.  The prayers of the zone are being heard in ‘M's behalf.  He saw General Conference, he came to church, and we're confident he'll be coming next week. 

I love Sønderborg.  We found two new friends to teach this week, and we also had a great splits up in Esbjerg.  There is a great change occurring in Esbjerg right now.  They were struggling there for a while, but there is a new light starting to pop up with this baptismal date they've just made.  The rut they found themselves in is gone.  I'm really excited for the Elders and Sisters there, and I feel like it's been an answer to all of our prayers, just to get them going again.

It was awesome to hear how everything is going back home.  Thank you for the birthday wishes and the nice note about how awesome I am ;)  It made me feel real good. 

I'm excited to see you all on Mother's day!  I can't believe that is the last time I'll be skyping from Denmark.  The whole thing has seemed to go by fast, but I guess I could've guessed it would. 

I'm just happy that I've had as fulfilling of a mission as I have had UP TO THIS POINT, and I know that these are going to be an awesome 5 months.  I'm really looking forward to that package :) 

Love
Ældste Pitcher

P.S.  I left my camera in the Esbjerg Elders Apartment on splits, I don't have more pics for this week... WAY SORRY, but hey, that just Means more NeXT week right? ;)