Elder Teagan J. Pitcher ... Serving in the Copenhagen Denmark Mission
Elder Pitcher
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." (Phillipians 4:13)

Monday, May 11, 2015

May 11, 2015

NOTE:  We got to talk to Elder Pitcher yesterday.  He's looking really good and still loving his mission.  This was the last time we'll talk to him as a missionary.  Next time we see him will be when he comes home.  We all have mixed feelings - his mission has been such a blessing.

Hey Ma and Pa!

You should have just let Dad take the Picture further back Ma ;)  haha!  That's all on you.  I was glad that we (or rather I) got to joke around as well :)

You'll have to be sure to let everyone you've been getting in contact with recently know that I say, and that I love and miss them all as well.  I'm glad people are still asking, and I'm not that far gone yet ;)

I feel like I was able to express myself pretty well with you all yesterday, so I'll just get right into the week.

Elder Higby and I have been talking about it, and we think this very well could be the best two weeks that we've had together up to this point. Things are really starting to look up, and now that we are kind of working with an out with the old in with the new mentality, it seems like things have been going better.

We met with one man that was a referral from the Randers Elders named ‘S’. He's from Pakistan, but moved to Denmark a while back to escape persecution because he is born and raised Christian. His faith means everything to him, and so coming to Denmark is a big deal to him.

He's found out that his permit to be here isn't going to go through though, so he's likely going to be moving to Portugal in the next two weeks, but was very accepting of everything that we had to say. He said we could meet once more, and then we'll likely be shipping his info off to Portugal along with him, because he would like to have contact with the missionaries once he arrives there.

The lesson had actually gone so well that we invited him to baptism, and he said he just had too much on his plate to be able to think about that right now, but would love to learn more.

We also had an appointment set up with ‘M’ this week with Quentin Cullingford, our branch president. When we got to the door though we found out that her son had been sick the whole day and she had forgotten our appointment. That was kind of downer, but she said she felt really bad, and would make cake for us the next time we were able to find a time. I guess it isn't always too bad to have someone owe you one :) We will be making an appointment though in the next couple of days so hopefully all goes well.

We had a few good service Projects this week as well, and Elder Higby and myself feel like we always have something to do so we are keeping ourselves busy.

Some other fun things from this week were, I got to hold a mini concert with this cute little family that has just moved into our area from Germany.  Three younger girls and one mom.  I felt like I was being called upon by one of my nieces to stand before the rest.  I went ahead though and belted out David Archuleta's version of 'Glorious' from the meet the Mormons movie, which just happens to be the two younger girl's favorite song.

I was laughed at, but in all the right ways ;)

We also had a really good appointment with ‘M’ and ‘G’.  ‘G’ has been wanting us to get in contact with her other son (not ‘M’) and talk with him a bit more about the church.  They set up a time for us to come over and we had kind of BBQ out on the back porch, and had a really fun time.  ‘S’, her son, even told us we were welcome to come over another time to talk a bit more about the church (even though he didn't seem super interested in joining anything right now. We'll see about that last part ;)

Hope you both have an awesome week!
I love you both
Ældste Pitcher