Elder Teagan J. Pitcher ... Serving in the Copenhagen Denmark Mission
Elder Pitcher
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." (Phillipians 4:13)

Monday, May 4, 2015

May 4, 2015

Hey ma and pa!

I'm not going to lie, this week started off as kind of a downer. We didn't have a lot going on for us, and it seemed like the work that we were doing wasn't having much of an affect.

We called ‘M’ in the middle of the week and he told us he would be in Sweden for the next 4 months to have some kind of brain surgery.

Things weren't looking up until Sunday morning when we came to church.

‘A’ and ‘MA’ walked in for the first time in a long time (sadly they've been missing church a lot recently, but this last invite showed some promise.. obviously), and Elder Higby and I were smiling from ear to ear, and then (to quote a little bit of scripture) what added more to our joy was to see ‘M’ and his whole family walking into church!! That turkey lied to us. He planned on coming to church the Whole time!

The day didn't stop there either.

Zone Conference
We were able to have our first meeting with our new branch mission leader Carl, and he has a lot of good visions for the coming weeks that Elder Higby and I are really excited about.

After church we got around to some of the less actives I've never met to see who still lives in the addresses from member list, and we set up an appointment with one older man.

We had a few more good appointments throughout the day, and then with about 20 minutes left Elder Higby and I decide we are going to try and find a good place to knock. Elder Higby felt prompted to pray for a miracle find, and after I said 'amen' we hit up the first apartment to knock.

We ended up going to 3 separate locations until we found the place we wanted, we were deep in conversation and walked passed the first two doors. Everything up to this point was a blur, but we walked inside and started our way knocking down the apartment complex we found ourselves in.

The last door of the night was interested, and exchanged information with us. We told her directly that she was an answer to a prayer, and bore testimony that it was something that could really help her. We'll be meeting with her this next week. Wow.

It all went so fast, but Elder Higby and I knew it was an answer to a prayer for something we've been working for, for a while now. Sunday was an awesome day, and a great way to segway into this next transfer together. I'm really looking forward to these next six weeks.  

As far as picking me up goes, I don't really mind what the final plan ends up being.  I know that it says in that little travel packet thing that we got though, that parents are supposed to pick us up at the departing airport.  I think that would be neat to say bye to my Group that way as well, since I won't get to have the flight home with them to talk.  That's just my thinking.  Anyway.... ;)

We'll be skyping from the ‘C's place on Sunday. He's the branch president, and actually from England (wife is Danish) and they are awesome. I'm thinking that I'll be calling around 4-5 here which nine hours back is about 7-8 in the morning.  That's the plan for now.  I'll try to hop on and let you know if there are any severe changes. 

I love you both.  Have an awesome week!


Ældste Pitcher