Elder Teagan J. Pitcher ... Serving in the Copenhagen Denmark Mission
Elder Pitcher
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." (Phillipians 4:13)

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

August 10, 2015

Hey Ma and Pa,

Hey, I gave a talk too! Mine was on Eternal life.  I don't have it typed out, and it's in Danish so you wouldn't be able to read it anyway, but I think it went pretty well.  I got to use Dad's mission experience explaining the plan of salvation, just translated it directly from my atonement talk, and I had a few people come up to me afterward saying they liked that new perspective on it.  I felt pretty good about it.  

I am feeling awesome.  I'm just happy to be a missionary, and I'm so happy to have seen the changes in myself as a missionary and as a person over the last two years.  I'm trying to make the greatest amount of growth here in the last few weeks of my mission, and I feel like the goals that I have will be able to help me see the specific growth that I'm looking for. 

I'm trying to improve my evening schedule, something that has been a constant struggle for me before and throughout my time as a missionary. I'm trying to help Elder Jeppson gain an understanding by seeking out more teaching opportunities throughout the day, not just in training, and also praying and focusing on my five year plan so that I can make an easy segue from full time missionary to the new and improved me back home. 

As far as the miracles we've seen this week goes, our new friend ‘C’ was definitely the highlight.  She called us on Thursday asking about church times and info.  Elder Jeppson and I spent the next few hours racking our brains to figure out when we contacted a 21 year old ‘C’. Turns out she is just a curious friend of a Mormon girl who invited her to come to church. 

On Saturday we lead ‘C’ on a church tour with ‘R’ and ‘N’ in our ward, gave her a Book of Mormon, and gave her a place to read and pray about.  She had expressed concern about losing a child 6 months ago, and we decided something about the plan of salvation would be best. 

The next day she came to our volleyball activity and asked about how she could know that it was true.  We again invited her to pray, and talked about spiritual confirmations. 

She came to church, and stayed for all three hours.  I gave a talk on eternal life, ‘N’ gave a talk on the plan of salvation, and the guest class focused on the plan of salvation (it counts to have it in good with the guest class teacher :) She loved church, and we will be meeting with her again on Tuesday! 

Loving it here! 

Fun fact.  There is a stress quiz online that all missionaries take towards the beginning of the mission, and usually when they train.  We have the highest percentage of missionaries in the green.. I am officially in the happiest mission in the world! :)  It's all because of the members and the other missionaries here. 

The relationships between missionaries here is incredible.  I am completely comfortable with going up to any missionary in this mission and giving them a great big hug (even the sisters, but we'll save that for when it's appropriate ;) We are a family in this mission.

I love you both lots and lots.

Love 
Ældste Pitcher