Elder Teagan J. Pitcher ... Serving in the Copenhagen Denmark Mission
Elder Pitcher
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." (Phillipians 4:13)

Monday, August 17, 2015

August 17, 2015

Hej mor og far,

I'm still loving it here in Odense.  Elder Jeppson is gradually getting a better and better hold of the ropes, and I feel that with just a little bit more time, he'll be ready to take over the area.  I have every confidence in him.  

My goals for this coming week are to take good opportunities to account for my mission (journal entries, personal notes, and pictures), and also to treat every contact different, because every person is different.  I'm also focusing a lot this week on trying to help Elder Jeppson accomplish his goals.  We took some time during weekly planning to talk about his focus with the language, and preparing to take over the area.  I've gradually been placing more and more responsibilities on him as time has gone on, and he's taking it in stride.  

This week was filled with wonderful experiences, and I don't want to take a ton of time, but I'll just mention a few.

*One of our recently reactivated member friends, ‘JU’ in the ward we've been preparing for the temple went through for his endowment on Thursday!  He's such an awesome and exuberant older gentleman.  Always letting women know how beautiful they are and making people blush with his compliments.  He just loves life, and on Thursday he was floating he was so happy :)

*’HK’, another friend of ours in the ward, has been receiving the sacrament weekly from his home, and is now down to only 3 cigarettes a day, in relation to the 20 a day he was at when I first arrived.

*’C’ came to church again this week despite disapproval from her boyfriend.  She is the most prepared person I've ever met.  Pray that she'll make the right choice!  Her boyfriend is the only thing holding her back from being baptized, and it sounds like he's pretty negative towards the church.  Urgh.. She's great though, and has tons of support from the young adults in the ward.

*’VL’ is getting baptized on the 28th, and he is really excited... still... :)  such a happy guy.

Love you all!
Ældste Pitcher