Elder Teagan J. Pitcher ... Serving in the Copenhagen Denmark Mission
Elder Pitcher
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." (Phillipians 4:13)

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

November 11, 2013 First letters from Denmark

November 11, 2013

(Part of a letter written to his sister)
 ...I'm happy to hear that things are going well with you and your chilluns and hubby.  I loved getting to hear about all the fun little adventures that you have been up to, the stories are always the best.

I love Denmark, the city of (drum roll please) Frederiksborg in downtown Copenhagen ;) is absolutely awesome.  Cold and wet all of the time, but awesome.  I love it here. The language is taking some getting used to obviously, but it is amazing to be trying to speak it, and the people here are so great too.

We are teaching a less active guy right now who plays for the local professional Club soccer team, and also another less active who looks just like Paul....... weird. just weird.  How was Catching Fire??  :O  it's a pretty big deal in Denmark, and I think it premiers this week.  I saw your girlies costumes in some photos mom sent.  That was fun.  I love you so very much!  Thanks for updating my profile and stuff too:)

(Part of a letter written to his brother)
...The first week out here has been awesome! I have a great trainer, Elder Francis, and he's really helpful.  I've already given out my first Mormons Bog (Book of Mormon) on the street, and am getting better with the language (I think).  Lots of people that we teach here have actually ended up speaking English which is a nice little first week present for me, but I'm hoping that changes so that I can actually start to get that complete immersion feel.

I have the opportunity right now of teaching a less active who plays for the local pro soccer Club.  It's pretty cool, and he is an awesome guy.  We actually got the opportunity to teach a member present lesson when he was there because his friend 'S' was asking a bunch of questions.  So we got to teach the first lesson, and give our spiritual thought.

I love it here.  It's cold and wet, and quite a culture shock, but I wouldn't have had it any other way.  I'm so proud of the way that you have committed yourself to everything that you have been up to lately.  Everyone has good things to say about the awesome things you have accomplished over the last little bit with football, and work, and it makes me want to improve myself.  You've been an awesome example to me....I just wanted to let you know how happy I was to hear from you!
Love,
Elder Pitcher II  (get it? ha ha ha)