Elder Teagan J. Pitcher ... Serving in the Copenhagen Denmark Mission
Elder Pitcher
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." (Phillipians 4:13)

Monday, November 25, 2013

November 25, 2013

The mail is reliable, but it takes like 2 weeks around Christmas time. I'm thinking about sending one home, so please send me requests from the Family and you both. I'm writing both Mom and Dad in one email so I hope you aren't too offended, because you both get the longest emails, and I don't want to write two of them.

The packages also have to be under a certain amount of money each or they will confiscate them ... hope they weren't over $80. I'll be sure to write Carson.

Got our bikes finally. I love mine, I'll send Pictures of it. I hope the bike was less money than you were expecting. I actually got a really good deal on it for being a new bike and in Frederickborg. They are normally closer to 7000 krones after all of the mandatory lights and stuff are put on, but I got mine for about 3000 krones.

I actually had initially made a deal with another guy at a bike shop close to us for a used bike that would have cost about the same as the new one, so I dropped him, and now it's super awkward when I have to ride past his shop, but it's whatever.

You are right. My rule is that if you want to get an email, then you need to write me first, but I will always get back to you, if not one week then in two for sure :)

So you know how before I left we talked about the whole women in the priesthood thing? I encountered it last night with this Icelandic lady in our Apartment complex who has been receiving lessons, and now says she doesn't think she is interested because of the separation of men and women in the church.

Despite all of our best offers to provide her with more information, she was clearly set in the way that whatever she had read on Wiki whatever was the info she was going to listen to. I was super frustrated, but know that she enjoyed the first lesson with the Assistants who live with us (Elder Whitlock and Elder Elsbury) and that she is still keeping an open mind about us for the most part while she is looking for answers. Just have to be patient.

We also did speed contacting last night with the assistants since they have a van. My idea. Basically we were doing chinese fire drills except with a gospel message to a random person added on. Loads of fun, and people really got a kick out of it, even if they weren't really interested in our message.

I love you both so much, and want you to know how much I can see all of the help you've given me in preparation of the journey that I'm now in the midst of.

Love you both so much
Elder Pitcher

PS I also bought a new side bag that was a little expensive because my old one ripped and was giving me back problems. This one is awesome, and is what all of the Danes Wear. Super durable Swedish brand called Fjalleraven.