Elder Teagan J. Pitcher ... Serving in the Copenhagen Denmark Mission
Elder Pitcher
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." (Phillipians 4:13)

Monday, December 9, 2013

December 9, 2013

I really want to see Frozen, or is it Frost? It looks good from the billboards.

I received my packages, and I love the Christmas party idea. Sounds way fun.

Dad, I love the Christmas gift idea and I will be sure to follow up with that.

I'm waiting to open most of my gifts until Christmas, but accidentally peaked at the list on the top of the package, and really had need of that first bag of Takis, and a haircut, so I took out just those two things, but for the most part it is a surprise so I'm excited.

I'm sending just a few things home, and hope that you like what I send home for you Ma.

I love the family photos as I'm sure I already mentioned. I will be trying to get more pics out to you, and it isn't the email, it's the computer that is having the problem so hopefully I can work it out.

I will definitely be able to skype from the Bernaskos house so be ready for that probably Christmas morning/noonish since we are about 8 hours ahead of you guys, and we will be doing it at around dinner time.

I will probably be having one of the most decked out Christmas weeks here too. The Danes hold nothing back on their Christmas week. They are all already getting super into the season, and it is so fun to see. It makes me wish you all could be here for one Christmas.

This last week has been a little slow, because of the weather mostly. We had to go in early one day because the wind was so bad, and it's been hard on bikes because the ground is slushy. Not really snow fall yet, but a lot of rain, and sleet. Kind of lame. That day though we stayed inside and made a couple hundred sugar cookies to take to people with a Christmas message so it wasn't a complete waste of time.

Cool to hear about Dylan! That is so exciting for him and it looks like he is enjoying himself there now. (Dylan is a friend of Teag's and the son of Oly, Teag's hockey coach. He is playing in the NHL for the Florida Panthers and scored his first NHL goal this past week)

I was reading my scriptures in Danish this week and then realized that I had just read an entire chapter without having to 'slå op' the dictionary and just about cried.

Had a good lesson last night too with 'FA' again from FC København. We challenged him to talk a bit about the church during the holiday when he goes back to visit family in Nigeria.

He offered us tea..... That was an awkward no. I guess it isn't uncommon though for people here, even in the church to do something like that, which is too bad.

Anyway, just wanted to let you both know that I love you, and that I love my mission still. I'm only kind of going crazy sometimes.
Elder Pitcher