Elder Teagan J. Pitcher ... Serving in the Copenhagen Denmark Mission
Elder Pitcher
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." (Phillipians 4:13)

Monday, December 23, 2013

December 23, 2013

I love you guys. Read through both of your emails, and looked through all of the photos, and all in all just cried in the middle of an emptied out, beauty and the beast style library because everyone is going celebrating the first day of jul.

I loved hearing the update and want you both to know how proud I am of you. You get to tell me a lot how proud you are of me (cause I'm awesome I know) but I feel like it is very underated telling your parents how proud of them you are. Maybe just not done enough, or maybe I just haven't said it enough, but I am very proud of the both of you.

This week has been a lot of Christmas Caroling for members’ friends, and a happy time of remembering the true meaning behind the holiday. Looks like ya'll had a pretty classic Danish Christmas feast too!

I am so excited to start celebrating today! The whole town is just shut down.

Lille jul aften tonight, then jule aften, then Christmas!

We have a big old Christmas tree, and I'm going to have to email pics to you later in the week again sorry. I hate this library.

I bought O.J. for the morning of, and I can't wait to speak to you guys on Christmas.

So Elder Francis and I will be using up the 8 o’clock block which means about noon for ya'll back there. I hope it all turns out as I'm sure it will.

Found out that the president lets people go ice skating sometimes, I might jump on that.....

I taught primary this last week. The kids understood me for the most part even if I didn't always catch what they said. Recently I feel like kids, and communicating with them has been a huge way to help me get on good terms with members and just everyone. The preschool experience, and having so many wonderful nieces and nephew have been such a good thing for me.

The theme park was freaking awesome. Can't wait to get ya'll the pics. There was one ride that goes like 5 Gs, and I could see snot just pooring out of my face as this thing spun us in huge circles. You could feel the fat on your sides moving to your front. It was pretty gnarly. Then there was another one that just drops you. Beautiful view of Copenhagen from the top too. The lights were something else.

I've been contacting people more on the street lately. Nobody is receptive from the street, but sometimes I'll hand out a card and a book, and that is enough for me to want to keep trying. We went down into a stoner ridden guitar shop last night to sing for some old geezer rocker guys, and it was a little frightening to have the sisters there with us. Just hoping they wouldn't put themselves in that kind of situation without Elders there.

Anyway, I still love it here, and I love the people very much here too. Look forward to seeing your beautiful faces!
Elder Pitcher