Elder Teagan J. Pitcher ... Serving in the Copenhagen Denmark Mission
Elder Pitcher
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." (Phillipians 4:13)

Monday, May 5, 2014

May 5, 2014

NOTE:  We told Teagan about the exhibit of religious art at the BYU Art Museum - most of the paintings were on loan from Denmark.  

I got to see all of those paintings right before they left for Utah!  That's a nice little connection.  All of those Carl Bloch paintings were in the Frederiksberg Slot which is actually in Elder Ogden's old area.  It's very beautiful there.  Elder Ogden has a copy of this picture up in our apartment, it is his favorite. 

The English class continues to go really well. We actually will be teaching a second English class here in Viborg!  That's something that we are excited about as well. 

Elder Ogden and I get along so great!  We have been so busy this week, I hardly had time to keep up with my journal, so my thoughts may be a little bit more scattered this week sorry! 

Basically it's been one of, if not the most successful week of my mission.  We had appointment after appointment where the spirit was so strong.  I even cried in an appointment for the first time with ‘P’ because I told him I loved him and wanted him to start wanting to make a change in his life.  It's just hard for him because after having his wife and children leave him he doesn't feel like change is a good thing anymore. 

People here are just content with being content, and it's very sad to see. 

That is one thing that I have seen that I want to make a change in myself.  I am tired of being content with things the way that they are.  There is always things that are going to change, and I need to be ready to roll with them.  I think this is the biggest lesson that I have learned on my mission so far. 

I'm loving this area, I'm loving my new companion.  He's already one of my best buds on the mission, and we teach really well together.  I feel like our investigators can feed off of the relationship that we have and it helps them receive what we are trying to explain. 

I am loving my mission.  I have come to know my Savior more over these last 6 1/2 months than I have the entire time I've had growing up. 

I'll be Skyping from an investigators house around 4pm on Sunday my time... (around 7 in the morning your time) if that is ok.  The packages haven't come yet, but I should have them after Zone Conference this Thursday.

I should probably also mention that one of our investigators is still holding strong to his baptismal date.  I forgot to mention that.  He already had it before I got here, but I know ‘C’ really well from church, and we're really looking forward to his baptism on the 24th of this month.  He even asked me to give my testimony at the meeting.  I love that old guy ;)  First baptism!  so excited. Elder Syversen actually will be baptizing him, and Elder Ogden will confirm him :) 

Love you both!

Elder Pitcher