Elder Teagan J. Pitcher ... Serving in the Copenhagen Denmark Mission
Elder Pitcher
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." (Phillipians 4:13)

Monday, June 16, 2014

June 16, 2014

This was a great week. We have started meeting regularly with some new people, one man named ‘E’ from the Congo and his wife (they invited us to their wedding in August haha) whom are Seventh Day Adventists, and love talking about religion, another women from Brazil named ‘S’ whom grew up in Brazil talking with missionaries and said that this was the first time she had seen missionaries in Denmark and that she would love to have us over to talk, and then of course ‘O’ and ‘L’ whom we met with last week.

This week’s meeting with ‘O’ and ‘L’ was another awesome one! They really take care of us, and when we went in to talk about the restoration THEY led the lessons. We had challenged them last time to read the introduction, and also from the book, and then to pray to know if it is true. They not only read the intro, but the 3 witnesses testimonies and the 8 witnesses testimonies, and started into the book! They had so many great questions, it was a missionary paradise.

Then just yesterday we went to our folke kirke priest friend ‘B’s gudstjeneste because it didn't conflict with our church time (I hope that's ok). She was really excited to have us there, and she said it meant a lot. We plan on meeting with her again soon, and hope that her daughter whom has shown some interest will be able to sit in next time as well.

All in all it's been a pretty great week, and Elder Hafen and I are getting along swimmingly... minus the swimming part ;)

I also bought a suit.... It was actually a really good deal and I needed one here pretty soon because it was starting to get a little worn.. The pants were a little tight and the sleeves a little high, but I just happen to know the best seamstress on Jylland, Sister Reuter in our branch is a wiz with the sewing machine and told me she would love to help me out when I asked. She has been fixing missionaries up for a while now it sounds like, and I know she loves doing it so it's a win win for sure :)

We also had another great lesson with ‘K’. Not sure if I've mentioned him before, but he is an artist, very hip young investigator who has been investigating for a while. I connect with him on a level I can tell a lot of other missionaries beforehand haven't been able to. He really feels deeply about the concept that we all one day have the potential to be like God ourselves, and it's something I feel personally I've been able to level with him a lot on with bearing testimony during lessons. Somehow it always turns back to that and both Elder Hafen and I are able to really let the spirit flow into the lesson. It's great :)

I'm loving it here a lot, and I don't remember if I told ya'll last week but I'm pretty sure that I'll be staying here in Skive for the next transfer. Talked with Pres. Sederholm in church (who told me to greet you all and wish Tay and Shasta the best by the way) last week and he said the areas will be splitting again with the coming 6 missionaries next transfer and that one of us will be going to Skive and one will be going to Viborg. Likely I'll be going back to Skive is what you can pull from that ;)

I have loved my time here though, and really look forward to another round here. Love you both so much!

Ældste Pitcher