Elder Teagan J. Pitcher ... Serving in the Copenhagen Denmark Mission
Elder Pitcher
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." (Phillipians 4:13)

Monday, July 28, 2014

July 28, 2014

It's not a for sure thing yet about the ipads, but I'll be sure to let you know if they do end up coming to Denmark. Just so that you know, not sure by the way you phrased it, but Elder Bednar WILL be coming, hasn't come yet. :) Just send the package to our Apartment in Viborg (Gravene 34B 2.5, 8800 Viborg Denmark) it will go to a post office where I will get a slip in the mail to go pick it up :)

This has been a great week for finding. Just in a few days Elder Pike and I were able to find 5 new potential investigators! It's also kind of too bad because that means it came only due to the fact that other appointments fell through and people just weren't able to meet this week; but none the less we've felt satisfied with the work that we've been doing. Our investigator pool has been lacking so it's about time we start finding some of those people ready to receive the glad message.

Elder Pike is working hard to learn the language. He really wants to progress, and even though he can be a bit shy at times when talking to someone he only just met on the street and trying to hold a conversation in a language he doesn't quite grasp yet, he realizes his weaknesses and works toward his desire to be better.

We had one of our less active members, ‘R’, come to church for the first time since I've been here, and we are now working toward a calendar that will keep him on track to getting back to the temple in the next few months (something he has expressed desire in since I've been here). There are a lot of obstacles, but if this is something he really wants then what is there to stop us!

This week Elder Pike contacted this really nice woman on the street. He scrambled through his words but she was really nice and listened patiently. At the end she said she couldn't meet right now and Elder Pike took it to mean she was blowing us off and offered her a Card at the least.... I was like, woah pony, easy boy, easy... I talked with her for a little bit longer and got her phone number, and gave her a book which she took graciously. I remember doing that exact same thing when I was being trained which makes it more funny. It's just something that comes with practicing lots of street contacts though. I have learned to love to talk with people... I feel awkward talking in English though, and I can't even read my English scriptures anymore.. I've fallen in love with the Danish language :)

I love all the Photos!! it looks like y'all are having a wonderful time.. oh Mom, I remember my rehabilitation therapy, you're in for a treat! ;) I'm sure you'll be fine.

I'm really enjoying my time here you all must know. I have really been working hard and learned more in the past 10 months about how to use my time wisely and trust in the Lord than I have at any other time throughout my life.

I hope you all have an awesome week!! Love you all so much!

Love,
Ældste Pitcher