Elder Teagan J. Pitcher ... Serving in the Copenhagen Denmark Mission
Elder Pitcher
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." (Phillipians 4:13)

Monday, August 18, 2014

August 18, 2014

Update on last time. ‘A’ has made a goal of going to the temple on the 21st of November. Very reachable goal. We're filling in the calendar now with meetings, and things she needs to reach before that time. We're excited, and hoping she stays with it even now as she starts going back to work.

This week was pretty crazy. I felt like we may have had a bit of a struggle since coming back after the mission conference with hitting our stride from last week. In any case we still received 4 new potential investigators and one new investigator throughout the course of the week.
Sunset over Viborg

The 4 potentials all came from an idea we had along with the Skive Elders to make a small booth on the gågade during splits in the morning time, and it ended up being quite a success! We talked with many people, and I think Elder Pike has finally broke through any anxiety he may have had with stopping random people on the street.

Another crazy experience this week was the Church headquarters referral we received to a woman named ‘T’ from Tonga who needed a Blessing. She has many friends in the Church who encouraged her to receive a blessing. She had complete faith that it would work is what she told us. She has 3 blood clots in her head, and was in need of some comfort.

The journey was a bit of a struggle up there to Aalestrup, and back as you may have heard from Elder Call :P poor planning on my part, but I felt strongly that this women needed some help. After the blessing she wiped away tears, and we testified that the comforting feeling she felt was the Holy Ghost. She was agreeing with everything we said, and the spirit was bearing witness of everything we were saying to her.

We invited her to be baptized to which she promptly said 'YES!' I was taken aback. Once I had gathered myself I threw out a date and that's when it gets weird. She says that she is pretty sure she is already baptized because she got baptized along with a friend when she was younger just because it seemed like the way she could fit in. Elder Pike and I are going to do some research on that, but she said if she had to be baptized she'd be doing it out of her own will this time rather than to just follow a crowd. Like I said though, we'll have to figure it out. It was just a crazy meeting, and the spirit was so strong.

I had a pretty good week this week. 

We didn't have a lot of time to do some of the things I would have like to have done while we were in Copenhagen..  :P  We did have a good trip though, and it was a lot of fun to see all of my old companions, missionary friends, and MTC group. 
My MTC District at the Mission Conference

I loved the photos that you all sent this week.  I'm way jealous of the lake trip.  It's returning to jacket weather here, which I actually like better as a missionary, but the sun and fun still looks nice every once in a while ya know?  We'll be going back to Copenhagen fyi, so I should be able to get a temple picture, but Nyhavn could be an out of the way stop by that we might not get to. We'll just have to see. Elder Pike really wants to go too, so we'll try our best. 

I'm not going to lie, this last week kind of burned me out.  We were just running from place to place, and I kept feeling like I wasn't able to BUY the right decision.  I just kept making mistake after mistake.  I got really lucky that we had the spirit with us, or else this week would have ended in complete disaster. 

Sometimes I just feel like I can't make the right choice, AND help others.  We ended up almost walking back that night from Tuna's because I didn't realize that there wasn't a bus that would drive back after 8 o'clock..  She really needed that blessing though.  I don't know.  Maybe we should have just waited, and then that would have been breaking another rule of not contacting a church headquarter referral within 24 hours :P 

It would have all been avoided as well if we hadn't went to the wrong city first.  I get my Danish vowels mixed up one time, and we get taken a half hour in the wrong direction :P 

I really did have a good week, just very busy, and I didn't have a lot of time to sit down. Running for trains, running to grab our bikes on Sunday morning because we forgot them that night after our trip up to Tuna, when a member ended up having to come and pick us up late, running to pick up our investigator to take him with us to church ... Running.  I just felt like I needed a break. 

I'm feeling much better today, just tired. Then we got a phone call that one of our investigators whom we had an appointment with moved to Turkey.

Anyway, that was my venting session.  I think I'm good now. 

I love you both very much, and want you to know that I'm doing just fine.  Have a great week!
Ældste Pitcher