Elder Teagan J. Pitcher ... Serving in the Copenhagen Denmark Mission
Elder Pitcher
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." (Phillipians 4:13)

Monday, December 22, 2014

December 22, 2014

Christmas is in the air!

We've been caroling a lot this week, and bringing the message of Christ's birth to everyone we've been talking with. I love being able to share the spirit and meaning of Christmas through music. Its one thing I'm certain to incorporate more in my personal celebration of the Savior's birth when I one day have my own family.

We had a nice experience with the Hillerød Elders caroling to their investigator family, familien Hirsea. Because we were four we were able to come in and share a Christmas message, and talk with both ‘M’ and ‘V’ about joining the Church. They both have a great desire to join, and throughout the appointment they continued to express what a blessing they both knew it would be in their lives. It was great to be a part of, but I'm sure the Hillerød Elders will explain more about it.

‘V’ just recently received her baptismal dress in the mail. She is coming down off of the e-cigarettes right on schedule, and is asking us for things we can commit her to every time we come over. The change in her attitude towards the church and the gospel is a miracle. It's been a complete 180 degree change, and she is thirsting for knowledge. That's even the Christ like attribute that she chose to study along with us for this month is knowledge. She has chosen to read the Book of Mormon through before her baptism, and she's well on her way.

All of this excitement about religion in the house has had a huge effect on ‘Vi’, whom, to everyone's surprise, actually went and checked out a bunch of books about the Bible from the library this last week. We've been teaching them together, and ‘Vi’ is following close after her mother.

I love this time of the year. I'll never forget my Danish Christmas(es) :)  

Some fun stuff from the week was that Elder Lester and I tried a Swedish delicacy known as Surstrømming.... Absolutely disgusting.  No doubt the worst thing I've ever eaten. The strong smell attracted a fox into the Dalberg's front yard by the end of the evening.  Wow, it was bad.  You can see videos online of people vomiting as they eat it.  Gross...

We got ‘V’ a REALLY nice Danish Bible she had been wanting, and today we just went to Tivoli! That's actually why I'm emailing so late, we just got back. 

I'll try to send some pictures next week since I'm trying to keep it short now.  Hope y’all don't mind. 

EVERYONE BE ON SKYPE AT 6:30 a.m. ish. That's about when I'll be skyping home.  Hope that's ok, we just have the other elders from Birkerød coming, and we decided to take the earlier time. 

Hey, I'm way short for time, didn't really get to look at your email right now.  I'll be sure to send more tomorrow before district meeting before church.  I like the cards, and congrats Dakota!!  Like I said, more tomorrow, Peace and Love!!

Ældste Pitcher