Elder Teagan J. Pitcher ... Serving in the Copenhagen Denmark Mission
Elder Pitcher
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." (Phillipians 4:13)

Monday, December 29, 2014

December 29, 2014

Hej Mor og Far,

This has been a wonderful week. Christmas was an awesome experience, and I know I'll come to really treasure the Danish Christmas(es) that I've had.

Elder Lester and I had another good opportunity to talk with people on Christmas Day. After visiting with the Dalberg family in the morning, we asked if they knew of any specific places we could go caroling that they thought would be good. We'd been searching for plejehjemme type places mostly, and 'L' suggested one that we could go visit in town.

The people there were really excited to have someone come sing to them, and some of them even joined in as we continued singing. The spirit was really strong, and afterward we made sure to take the time to talk with all that had listened. It was really sweet to be there on visit with these people, and all of them with such interesting stories.

The first woman I was talking about clearly had some problems with her memory, but was never less enthusiastic about telling us what sweet boys we were for coming and singing to them.

The woman that Elder Lester was talking with was a little bit more with it, and said that she would be interested in talking with us further. It was an awesome visit, and really made us feel like we made a difference to somebody on Christmas.

I love this time of year. I'm looking forward to my next transfer here. Ældste Millward seems to be very excited about the work and Helsingør in general, and we get along great already.

It really was an incredible experience this week with skyping. 

'V' had always given me a hard time that I didn't ever cry (which you both know is quite untrue) so I told her just to wait until I got my parents on Skype, and sure enough, you guys delivered ;) 

It really was a sweet spiritual moment, and I was even more grateful that 'V' was able to be present, not just to see me cry but to really be able to relate that same spirit she feels, in a situation where we were testifying of exactly what that feeling was as we read about the voice of God and the Holy spirit. 

I love you both. I hope you all have a happy new year!

Love you,
Ældste Pitcher