Elder Teagan J. Pitcher ... Serving in the Copenhagen Denmark Mission
Elder Pitcher
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." (Phillipians 4:13)

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

February 16, 1015

Hey team back home! First off, no need to worry about the thing in Copenhagen. I'm sure you've heard more about it, but things are worked out, and they are pretty sure that they got the guy that created the problem, so no worries! Plus, I'm not exactly in the downtown area very much these days. Anywho. This is a little bit about my week. This was a good week to be my first week in Sønderborg. We invited many to baptism, found lots of people, and taught really good lessons. ‘MA’, a new convert's (‘A’) wife has been coming along with to church, and listening to the missionaries for a long time now, but never really getting really involved herself. This week we invited her to baptism, and talked about our purpose here in life, and she said that she felt her testimony of the church was strong enough right now to get baptized, but that she would like to. We invited them to read and pray as a family each day this week, and are going to follow up next time with talking about that first step of faith. Because after all, from what ‘A’ himself said, it wasn't entirely real to him until the day of his baptism when he decided that this was all that he wanted it to be. Another big highlight from the week that I'm excited about is a new investigator we have named ‘E’. She's a college student taking religious courses, and seems like a truth seeker. She let us right in and SHE lead a lot of the question and answer portion of the lesson. She's curious, wants to find out more about the church, and was really open to taking challenges. Everything one could possibly hope for in an investigator am I right? We actually will be having our second appointment today, and the plan is to help repaint some of her and her sister's dorm room. I guess we'll see if she did her homework. My first week as a district leader has been a great new experience. I feel like the district is a good mix of personalities, and everyone compliments each other's humor nicely. I'm so happy to be able to serve such awesome new friends. Some other fun stuff from this week. We're so close to the Germany, that the dialect here starts to rub against German. I actually got to go to the border this last week as well because one of our friends set on date to get baptized lives in the very VERY southernmost home in Denmark. Right next to the border, literally a stones throw away. I've got pictures. Next big order of buisness... Sister Alisha Mandla in my district comes from Australia, and I'm fairly certain she is in the same Ward as the Pitman family. She said she knew of the Pitman family, that there were two in her stake, and one of which was in her ward, so you'll have to reach out and see. I asked this last week, knowing only a few Mormons in Australia, but I was shocked when she answered right away. Small world, let me know what you find out. Also, Sister Dianna Rovig's sister is serving in Quinn's mission also, so I'll have to see if there is a connection there. Anyway, no more connections, but that's fun. I'm loving it here. If you are able to get your hands on this band 'The Lower Lights', I'd love to have their 'A Hymn Revival' album. Just a side note. Love you both! Ældste Pitcher