Elder Teagan J. Pitcher ... Serving in the Copenhagen Denmark Mission
Elder Pitcher
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." (Phillipians 4:13)

Monday, February 9, 2015

February 9, 2015



Hello Ma and Pa, 

Don't worry about the money. I don't really need it right now for anything anyway. 

I'm happy to hear that everything at home is going well. 

It was hard to make the transition into leaving everyone behind in Helsingør, but I'm also a big fan of change on the mission, and this is some change that I'm really looking forward to.  Here's the main part of my week though.

The first day in a new area is always pretty crazy, but having Elder Lawless and Elder Walch as my new companions has made the transition really easy. I've been good friends with both of them throughout my mission, and it's great to be with them here now in Sønderborg.

This is an awesome city! It's a very beautiful place, and I can already tell I'm going to love it here.

This last week in Helsingør was a good one. It was sad to say goodbye to many of my good friends, but at the same time, very happy to see the changes that they have made in their lives in only a few months.

The Dalberg's family dynamic has completely changed with a focus now on the church, and the gospel, and 'A' and 'S' have reset a temple date as part of their progress in being sealed to each other.

I also had the opportunity last night to say goodbye to 'S', whom has really been struggling recently. After a messy break up, 'S' had taken a break from missionary visits to gather himself back together, but last night on the walk home from the station after dropping off my bike, we stopped by and I was able to have my last visit with him.

He was happy to talk with us again, and as we could see that he was hurting, we offered to give him a blessing. He said yes, and was very emotional throughout the whole evening. I could tell that he was really hurting, but I feel like just getting to talk with us again gave him a new hope.

The blessing went well, and I could tell that he really appreciated it. 'N' was also there, and so we invited her to sit in on the blessing, and explained what it was as well.

Elder Millward should be going with Elder Christensen again this next week for a follow up visit. I feel like I made a difference in Helsingør, I'm grateful to have served there. I'm also looking forward to Sønderborg, and the opportunity to serve as a District Leader for the first time ever, and the adventures that will come from both. 

I also just found out today that Sønderborg Elders go ice skating almost every week with the youth!!!!!! Yesssss!!!! I get to go ice skating on Thursday!

Ma, I've been trying to think a bit about places that we can come to when you all come to pick me up, and it's going to be hard to make it a short trip.  There are A LOT of wonderful places that I have already been too, and Sønderborg is already looking to be a gorgeous place.  I'm loving my mission. 

I love you both!
Ældste Pitcher