Elder Teagan J. Pitcher ... Serving in the Copenhagen Denmark Mission
Elder Pitcher
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." (Phillipians 4:13)

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

March 16, 2015

Hey Ma and Pa,

Time for a few updates about the week.

First off, the ‘T's were in church yesterday! It was great to see them there for the first time since I've been here. I'm really pulling for them.

Things are going really well in Sønderborg right now. It was a really even spread this week and we got around to a lot of different stuff.

Two new investigators. One of which is the Icelandic man ‘S’, whom has a lot of deep Christian roots, and then there's ‘T’, a self-referral college student with a lot of curiosity.

We started working with a less active, ‘J’, this week who got ahold of one of his old church friends somehow, and would like to come back to church. His only concern it seems is committing to make the drive each week because it's about 45 min away, but I can tell that with time and getting member relations in the branch going, he should be coming back to church fairly soon.

There are so many things to see to this week, and are again looking at another packed week. We are really trying to take advantage of being three right now as well.

A new member, ‘S’, in our branch has just moved here from Germany with her three daughters. She's a single mother and isn't accustomed to having missionaries over because of it. She was VERY happy when were able to set up a time this next week to come over and put up some much needed fencing around their new home. They're such a sweet family, and I felt like we were their best friends right off the bat.

She also had us give a blessing to her daughter just after church this week because the little girl had fallen off of her bike this last week and got pretty scuffed up.

I just feel like it's been a very fast, exciting week, but the things that happened were all incredible.

Along with everything else it's been a good week for finding. The time we were able to plan in finding ended up finding us with a good number of potentials as well.

The district is awesome. I feel like I've really been able to connect with them over these last weeks, and have decided that I like being at this level of leadership, because I feel like I can be more personal with people, but still reach out to a group.

This last week in District meeting was an especially spiritual experience. After a visual example of the topic we were discussing, I bore testimony and gave a little bit of time for others to bear their testimonies, and I could tell that the spirit was touching everyone in the room. It's been a very good week.

I really enjoyed one of the quotes you sent Ma.  Christ changes men, and changed men change the world.  Perfect!  :) 

It was good to hear about how everyone there is doing.  My friend Whitney came home from her mission this last week.  I can remember her going into the MTC just before me.  It really put Things into perspective for me today. 
Received the dreaded 6 month letter - AKA Death Letter


I'm sure sending my companion home next week probably won't help that perspective either.  Weird..  I'm loving my time here in Sønderborg.  The mission has SO MANY baptismal dates right now.  The hastening of the work of salvation is accelerating in Denmark, and it's incredible to be here. 

Aunt Val also shared a neat experience she had this week with a certain Danish hymn. If she hasn't told yet, I want you to just ask her about it.  It was very touching. 

I love you both lots and lots, have an awesome week!
Med Kærlig Hilsen
Ældste Pitcher