Elder Teagan J. Pitcher ... Serving in the Copenhagen Denmark Mission
Elder Pitcher
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." (Phillipians 4:13)

Sunday, October 27, 2013

October 15, 2013

Oct 10/15/13 2:28 PM 

Please do it for me! [We asked him if he wanted us to start a blog for him] I would love to have someone do that for me, I just don't ever have the time to write things down. I love having so much support, but it is ridiculously hard trying to respond to everybody. I would love to have that blog idea though if you would write on it.

I loved the pumpkins and my district loved them. I'll send you a picture of mine and Elder Wright's pumpkins in another email also send TAKIS. Gas station sells them, they are the best and the only thing I can't really get my hands on. MEGET TAK!! TUSIND TAK!

Send me pictures of the family pumpkin carving when it comes! I loved the pictures you did send!

I've been trying to get handwritten letters out to everyone, but it is coming slowly.

I can't remember if I told you, but as far as the language is going, I can bear testimony, say prayers, and say the complete first vision all in Danish! I was actually able to use the first vision in a lesson this last week and the spirit was so strong! The spirit bears testimony of truth in every language. I feel much more confident in understanding what our teachers our saying in our lessons, and teaching "play acts" and I feel like I am reading off of a script much less, and let the spirit guide rather than just shooting in the dark.

I love our branch presidency, and our teachers. They are all like much more tender loving hockey coaches.

In a devotional, one of the 70 was talking and he joked that we would hear that night how English was supposed to sound and it made me think of how awesome you guys are for doing that whole Tuachan thing... if that is how it spelt. Sounds like you guys had an awesome time.

My writing skills are very slow I know because I'm trying to jam a bunch of stuff in here, so hopefully my jumbled up thoughts written out in my planner throughout the week make at least some sense.

Can't remember if I told you guys about the story about the prison in Denmark, but basically there was this felon who stole a senior couple car and felt bad so he brought back the car and turned himself in. Turns out he was wanted in 3 different countries including Denmark, but because the prisons there are so laid back (PlayStation, 15 year sentences for killing people, and a white line rather than a fence) and because it was a Friday afternoon, they told him to come back in on Monday since they were just about to close for the day. I thought that was pretty funny, and he still turned himself in just fyi.

Our visas are all good in our entire district. Turns out we all had them from the beginning, but were still freaking out because every Danish missionary before us had to go stateside for a while. We'll all head out together though, and it's just a wonderful blessing.

You guys need to go check out the Danish birthday song, learn it, and then never go back. It is the coolest birthday song ever. It kicks our b-day song in the buns. Also their Christmas (Jule day) is way cooler. It's like a week long, and they do the thing where they sing holding hands around the Jule day tree. Kind of like in the Grinch stole Christmas. As it would turn out, Dr. Seuss got that from the Danes, and made it into a Whoville thing.

I got an awesome new pen. You both should look into them. They are called Zebra Telescopic pens, and I'm never going back to using another shammy pen again because this is the best, and the coolest.

There is a Legoland in Denmark! If I end up in that area, I'll have to get something out to Carson for sure.

Our District's hobbies also include funny hat wearing, beat box jamming, barber shop quality harmonies, and obedience of course.

My Companion and I ARE ZONE LEADERS, so much power!!!! :) hahaha. We are so excited, and we can't wait to start into all of the many responsibilities. I think we both could tell when Bro. Hodges called us in for an interview what was going on. We get to help a bunch of new missionaries get settled too which should be fun.

If you were thinking about sending homemade salsa, that would be awesome. But that's just to say if that is still and option.

I love you both so gosh dang much!
I love it here!
Pictures are on the way.