Elder Teagan J. Pitcher ... Serving in the Copenhagen Denmark Mission
Elder Pitcher
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." (Phillipians 4:13)

Saturday, October 26, 2013

October 1, 2013

Oct 10/01/13 9:25 AM 

Momma! I love and miss you so much! But I'm not homesick at all ;) I am having an awesome time, and I have loved every second of it! 

I had a bunch of things to tell you, but I left my notebook with all of my info back in our room so I'll try to relay as much as I can to you right now. 

The language is coming along, the gift of tongues is so real. Also known as tungemalsgaven, with the "o" over the "a" :) 

I love my first comp, we get along so well. I'm not sure if you got my first letter yet, but Tuesdays are my p days, and my comps name is Elder Wright. He went to Sacramento with me. He is from Orem, about two minutes from here. He was actually Mr. Orem from what I heard, so look him up. 

 Our district is so close, it is great. We hang out whenever and wherever we can. 

Quick funny story, the first day we were here, the MTC President’s wife was talking and she was telling us about calling each other "Elders" and "Sisters" rather than "guys". She said there are still guys, but they aren't here, they are at home dating your girlfriends. Pretty funny. 

We have 8 elders, and one sister. Poor Sister Henderson is stuck as a solo, but she is a good sport. Elder Demordaunt in my room is an awesome kid; someone to sing in the shower next to in our shower stalls, and everywhere else for that matter, so that part of me hasn't changed. 

I am getting up earlier, going to bed earlier, eating better so don't worry too much ok? I'm a good kid, and I'm taking care of myself. I seriously am having the best time of my life here, and I cannot wait to get better at the Dansk. 

I have some pictures so be sure to share them with family. I hope they get through ok. I get to work out with my comp because he also likes to, which is nice. Sorry for my poor sentence structure, there just isn't a lot of time here, and I have a TON of emails to write. 

Let Nana know I love her so very much and what an incredible lady she is. I wish her the very happiest of happy birthdays, and a few very merry unbirthdays as well when I'm gone. 

Dear elder works great, I don't care too much if it is hand written or not, as long as you let me know what is on the up and up. I loved the package, it was very sweet and I love having the snack food now that there isn't so much of it around. I also wanted to let you know that I found a penny on the floor today right after I got done telling my comp about the whole penny thing with papa and showing him that picture of him. He shared a nice laugh with me and we continued to clean. 

He has been here with me mom. I wanted to wait to tell you about this after I got into the MTC, because I didn't want to watch you bawl the day before I left, but when I went out jogging Tuesday I felt a presence that I hadn't ever felt before. After long debate with myself while running through our neighborhood it was clear papa had been out on the jog with me. Even though I had my headphones in, and I couldn't have said before that time that I had felt papa with me, this experience sealed for me what I already knew, that this was the right thing to do. I'll continue to keep up with my journal so no worries there. 

 Jeg elsker dig! 
Elder Pitcher 

p.s. MacLean was in the room next to mine the Tuesday before I got here! He was going to be my host, but they moved to west campus. I got to talk with him a bit after a devotional and he is doing well. Also got to talk with Peyton Starks and he heads out soon, if not already. He is a stud, they are both going to be awesome missionaries. 

p.p.s. My teachers are awesome, and I had a cool experience getting to send out the Swedish Elders who we got close to this week, by doing the classic singing of hymns out loud in their room. Very spiritual. Sorry these are all so broken up. My brain is scattered. Lots to do. Loves bye ;)