Elder Teagan J. Pitcher ... Serving in the Copenhagen Denmark Mission
Elder Pitcher
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." (Phillipians 4:13)

Monday, January 27, 2014

January 27, 2014


NOTE: Teagan's cousins (Quinn Pitcher and Josh Harris) both received their mission assignments this week. Quinn has been called to serve in the Portugal Lisban Mission, and Josh was called to the Adriatic North Mission (Croatia, Serbia, Slovenia, Bosnia and Montenegro)

That is so exciting for the both of them! I'm super excited for them to all get over here already and get going in the work.

I'm also happy to hear that the missionary thing has been on your mind. It's crucial for members to be the ones to extend commitments to people and not just full time missionaries, because eventually the missionaries leave the area, but the Ward is where they will stay, so they have to feel comfortable with the people there.

Happy to hear that Tia and Tay had a good one [birthday] as well. I'll be sure to extend my birthday wishes to them as well. :) I loved the pictures.

Ok, so a week in Denmark... It has been extremely cold here for the last few days. The snow isn't quite what it is in Utah, but the bitterness of the cold, I would venture to say, is a whole lot worse than what I've experienced in Utah. The wind just bites into you.

While we are riding our bikes, it's not uncommon for my eyes to disperse tears all over, and then for them to freeze to my face. It's just Cold yo!

Sadly this was one of those weeks where people weren't so willing to keep appointments, but we worked hard anyway, and it was still a pretty awesome week.

We made a ton of corn dogs on Monday for an eating contest with Troels, and his girlfriend (guess we didn't get our fill on Thanksgiving). We made 40 corndogs for 4 people, and I only had 6. I felt so sick.

‘K’ is coming along slowly but surely. He hasn't missed any church since he started talking with us again, and he is still really active in our lessons. The tobacco has been really hard for him, but he is kicking it slowly from what he said the last time we were over. He reads the Book of Mormon for like 5 hours every night too. He majored in philosophy, and law, and he actually wrote a book about the existence of God that he gave to us the last time we were over. Part of it is in Danish, part is in English. He's an awesome guy, and he is really excited about becoming a member. I hope he continues to pull through.

We had our district activity this week! I have pictures. We went to IKEA, and 'Feet a Fish' [you stick your feet in a fish tank and the fish feed on your dead skin]. Way cool. The fish tickle worse than I think I could ever possibly tickle one of my nieces ;) but you do eventually get used to it. After you are done, your feet feel amazingly smooth. The calouses from hockey are significantly decreased.

We also went to a park with a hampster Wheel, and I almost sent myself in a circle like a real hamster I got going so fast.

Fun week, lots of people staring at the name tag this week received a nice smile. People do that a lot right before smiling back and acting like they aren't interested. Hearts softened but not yet quite accepting. It's a step none-the-less :)

I think that is pretty much it for the week. I'll be sending pics as well so just calm yourself. I love you both so much. I've been having a lot of dreams where you guys come to pick me up, and when you get here I can't speak very good Danish and I don't have a lot of fun mission stories... Super depressing.. I promise that isn't going to happen! :)
Love
Elder Pitcher