Elder Teagan J. Pitcher ... Serving in the Copenhagen Denmark Mission
Elder Pitcher
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." (Phillipians 4:13)

Monday, November 24, 2014

November 24, 2014

Hej Far og Mor :)
I'm going to start off by saying that I'm really thankful to the Lord that Elder Lester has another turn here in Helsingør. We've been seeing so many good things happen over just the past few short weeks, and we're happy to get the opportunity to work together, especially now with the Christmas season approaching.
Last year in Frederiksberg we had the whole ward in with us on giving referrals to their friends of people we can go caroling to. It lead to many referrals and finding a lot of people, and Elder Lester and I already have the plan in action for this year. I love the Christmas season! It's a time when people's hearts are softened and more willing to listen.
Elder Lester and I have already started to experience this. I've had a few wonderful experiences with contacting people recently, and I know that it's because they're being prepared to hear about the glad message. I was also excited to be a part of 'M's baptismal service,
a recent convert in the ward Elder Enniss taught. It was great to see the kind of changes that people are able to make in their life, and then to be a part of the circle for giving the gift of the Holy Ghost for the first time was a sweet experience. 
It's especially sweet to see the change that 'V' (who we actually call 'H', pronounced like 'vipsah' actually means wasps in Danish, but she doesn't like her name...)  has made in her life.  I hope I can be here to see her make the step to be baptized.  She's ready, but hesitant. 
In any case, it's been great to be a part of seeing her change, and I feel blessed just to be in this area right now. 
On another note, Elder Lester and I went to a Jehovah's Witness meeting this week.  That was pretty interesting, but the girl who brought us wasn't at all willing to even listen to our message after we went to their meeting, so that's the end of the line there.
Another fun experience was a sweet old woman that I contacted on the train and had a nice conversation with before she got off at her stop.  While I was smiling to myself thinking about what a nice lady she was, the woman across the aisle told me to look out the window to see that the woman was showing her grandson, about my age, and almost my same dimensions, where I was sitting on the train, and then got a big old grin on her face and started waving when she realized I saw her :) 
Those little conversations always make me feel like I'm doing a good work, even if people aren't always willing to listen to everything I have to say, they know that I care about them, and it makes me feel good.
I'd really love to incorporate the 10 things I'm thankful for idea.  I actually already have the ten things I'm thankful for from the gospel.  I use it as a contacting technique so that as I am talking about everyday life things with people, I can remember to apply those things to bear testimony of things that actually mean something to me.  That's also a good way to use those points once you have them written down *hint hint* ;) 
I love you both, and hope y'all have an amazing week :)
Ældste Pitcher