Elder Teagan J. Pitcher ... Serving in the Copenhagen Denmark Mission
Elder Pitcher
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." (Phillipians 4:13)

Monday, January 5, 2015

January 5, 2015

Ma and Pa

The gifts were all great mom ;)  The tie is awesome, and I got myself a really nice sweatshirt that has a really high collar on it. I'll send a picture :)

The first thing I should talk about before I throw on the rest of the weekly email is the experience with 'J's name change.  She's been considering it for quite a few years actually, and only just recently had gotten very serious about different name ideas.  She just always thought the name 'V' was too hard.  A few weeks ago after finding out that I would be doing 'J's confirmation, I had a dream about how the actual ordinance would go.  In my dream I put my hands on her head and pronounced the blessing just as it would normally go, but after sometime it almost switched into a baby blessing type mode, and I felt impressed to give her a name.  The name in the dream was 'J'. 

Thinking it was really weird that I'd had such a distinct dream about it, and having in mind that she’d been looking for a new name, we told her later that day that I'd had this dream about this name.  

She stared at us shocked for a second before telling us that that had actually been on one of her old lists of names to consider, and that she had given up on it because her mother didn't agree with it.  

Come New Year’s Eve, she made the change legally, and she is officially 'J S W D'.  CRAZY story.  She seems to be pretty happy with it, and everyone around her is pretty supportive of it now so I guess it worked.  The surreal part is now going to be when I actually go to confirm her :O  way weird..  

Anyway, the rest of this week has been pretty awesome.  We got an addition this week.  An Elder going to Iceland is still waiting on some of his paper work so he got sent to us until further notice.  I'm loving being in a tri-panionship. Both of these Elders are great, and they love being out doing missionary work. It keeps me excited about the work, and though I've been a bit stressed out taking over the area this week, they've both been really good to help support me, and help me to relax.   

I've noticed I typically have kind of rough time when I get a new companion, and have to take over the area. I just get a little tense knowing that I'm leading, and get down when I don't do things the way the last Elder would have done them. It's a learning experience though, and I'm grateful for it. 

I've actually felt like this has been one of the easiest transitions taking over an area thus far on my mission, and I know it has a lot to do with how helpful my companions have been about helping talk me through things. Ældste Millward and Öldungur Geslison are awesome. We're going to miss having Öldungur Geslison around, but we're still praying that he gets to get up to Iceland as quickly as possible. 

I'm really looking forward to 'J's baptismal interview here on the 8th, and then of course the baptism and confirmation on the 17th. She is still stressed out about some things, but as she always has, she's been putting her faith first, and knows that this is what's right. What a great way to start off the New Year.

I also found out this week that Sister Henderson from my MTC group just recently lost her father.  He had been sick for a really long time, and that's about all I know, but I'd appreciate it if you all kept her and her family in your prayers.  She's a great friend, and an amazing servant of the Lord.  She's opted to stay and train to finish out her last three months despite her father's passing.  She's an awesome example to me, and my MTC group feels very protective over her since she was our only Sister having to deal with 8 teenage boys.    

I love y'all, and I'm glad to hear about what great adventures the family has, Congrats Kylee!

Love you,
Ældste Pitcher