Elder Teagan J. Pitcher ... Serving in the Copenhagen Denmark Mission
Elder Pitcher
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." (Phillipians 4:13)

Monday, March 3, 2014

March 3, 2014

Glad to see you're staying busy!

I gave it this title because you guys are so silly. I've never seen Mom and Dad so productive outside of working, hockey things, and taking care of me. I'm very happy to see that now that all of the kids are gone, you two know how to take care of each other as well. I'm so lucky to have parents that love each other so much.

Monday. Went to Amager to try and go to Vore Frelsers kirke (our saviors church) to get a pic from the top of the spiral but it was closed. I hope that isn't the last opportunity I get, because I have a good feeling that I will be transferring this coming week.

I had a miracle on Monday too. I felt inspired to go down a road that I never had before, with Elder Redd following confused behind as I told him I had no idea where I was going. We went and talked with a woman named ‘L’ (Happiness) and gave her a Book of Mormon, and our testimonies of the gospel. She accepted, and gave us her number to try and set up an appointment. She ended up not wanting to meet, but said that it was because she had just lost her father and was not sure if she was ready for this yet. I again bore testimony of our faith in eternal families. We haven't heard from her since, but it was a miracle for me nonetheless as the first person to listen to me in literally weeks of contacting in this transfer.

Tuesday. Splits with Quinn’s friend and my good buddy Elder Jewkes on Amager. What a stud. Went and stopped by ‘G’, a Rastafarian African less active who gave us his CD (don't worry it's in a bag to go home) and listened to a nice spiritual lesson.

Friday: I had a China Day! Went down to visit a Chinese man on the southern most part of Amager who is a recent convert named ‘D’. Awesome man, and he even fixed my first flat tire for me.... realize how I say first ... they both went flat again on the journey back up to the northern part of Amager. Then I talked with Yang Yang over the phone, a less active Chinese man in our area about an appointment we made. Then we headed back to our area to help ‘C’ (lovely older Chinese women) move AGAIN. Luckily Elder Redd and Elder Williardson took care of it before we even got there since she was moving into just a different part of the same building so we didn't have to deal with her family of fours amount of things, and almost falling to our deaths in the sketchy tiny little elevator again.

Sunday: We met Captain Irish man on the street... crazy old dude with 3d glasses wearing all green looking for food in the dumpster that was claiming to have been chased by the Cubans, the Chinese, and the Russians. The Chinese have tried to brain wash him, the poor guy. Turns out he has his own youtube channel ... not sure if that is a recommendation that I should make, he makes a LOT of inappropriate words through an Irish accent ... though I'm fairly certain he is just a crazy old English speaking Dane.

I also had the worst migraine I've had in quite a while. I woke up and couldn't go back to sleep because my head was pounding too hard when I would lay it down. I just sat on the couch straight up until the pain medication kicked in enough for me to feel good with resting my head again. I am still feeling pretty light headed from it actually though it has gotten MUCH better.

You talked about having prayed for me. I think that may have very well been what it was for, cause that was no fun. But anyway, I love you both very much, and hope that y'all remember to still work every once in a while with all of this play ;)

Loves
Elder Pitcher