Elder Teagan J. Pitcher ... Serving in the Copenhagen Denmark Mission
Elder Pitcher
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." (Phillipians 4:13)

Monday, June 15, 2015

June 15, 2015

Hello mor og far!

Here's my week:
I'm in Odense with Elder Brindley!!  I'm so happy to be here, and seeing as how it's kind of the last little piece of territory to remain untouched, I now can say I've really seen all of Denmark... Ok, so there are a few places, but I've been in all four corners in any case. 

Odense is the 3rd largest city (finally back to the big city life ;) they have 2 awesome wards here.  I'm serving in the first ward.  To add on to everything already mentioned, I'm with Elder Brindley whom I've served with in 2 previous districts, and have gotten to be good friends with.  This is going to be a good transfer :)  

I'll start off the update by talking about a really good way to end a transfer with Elder Higby. Just imagine it's the last stop by of the evening, the last day of the transfer, and you're getting ready to get into the car when your companion jumps up and starts a conversation with someone nearby. 'Do you believe in anything?' we ask him. He he silently showed us his arm to reveal a tattoo of a heart with the name Jesus in it. We all looked up and smiled at each other.
A member family from Sonderborg

Needless to say, we have a really solid new potential investigator in Sønderborg, and he's not the only one. All of the finding that we've been doing recently has really been paying off. Don't be surprised if you hear about an explosion in Sønderborg over the next few weeks, because it is all prepped to be something great, especially with the two new investigators we found this week. Doesn't it just always happen that way though? You get a really solid week, and then you have to leave before you can reap the reward, though hearing about their success over the next few weeks will be success enough for me.

‘L’ is a little bit busy at the moment, or at least she was this week, so I didn't really get to see her before I left, but we still have daily contact with her, and Elder Higby was able to set something up with her this week I believe, so things are still pushing forward with her.

It was really hard to say goodbye to Sønderborg. It was the branch where I feel like I felt most a part of their family. The people there are awesome, and I'll miss them a lot.

With all of that said, I'm so happy to be here in Odense. Elder Brindley is one of my best friends, and it's been a long time in the waiting to get to be companions with him. I'm looking forward to working hard here with him, and making some new friends.

I'm excited.  There is no better way to describe it.  This is likely my last area, and I'm not having to worry anymore about what I'm going to be doing in the future as a missionary or anything else, I know that I'm here, and that I'm happy to be here, and I can now sit down a really focus my efforts on these last transfers I have to be the kind of missionary the Lord wants me to become. 

It's an exciting time to be a missionary!
I love you Ma and Dad.. ;) 

Ældste Pitcher