Elder Teagan J. Pitcher ... Serving in the Copenhagen Denmark Mission
Elder Pitcher
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." (Phillipians 4:13)

Monday, June 29, 2015

June 29, 2015

Hey Ma and Pa!

This week for us here in Odense was great.  Were we pretty sick most of the week? Yes.  Were we inside quite a bit more than usual? Yes.  But we got a lot done anyway, got a wonderful new investigator named Elizabeth from Vietnam, set up a lot of appointments with members and investigators for this next week, and cleaned all of our records.  We are ready for this next week :)  

I got to meet our best investigator pair here in Odense this week as well.  ‘L’ and ‘P’ a.k.a. L.A.P.D. ;)  They have a cute little son, ‘M’, love the missionaries, and have been meeting with them regularly for the past 3 years.  They are going to be my main focus in this area I think.  They are so close, they just need to take it all a little bit more seriously and they'll be there. 

They look at the missionaries very much as friends, and less as missionaries, so I'm hoping to find a balance and really have an effect on this family.  They are AWESOME, and they hold commitments, and they seem to be searching, the intent is just lacking a little bit.  I'm just hoping that they'll be able to see how much missionary visits have already blessed their lives, and how much more they can have by making and keeping new covenants with God.  Pray for them :)  

We also, despite being plagued, had a really fun 'Sankt Hans aften', a holiday in Denmark where they celebrate (well I've heard a few different things) John the Baptist's birthday, or the longest day of the year, or just getting together in the name of burning a witch in a really big bonfire :)  We were at a member family's home that evening, and we had a blast with them.  The ‘J's. Their son is ‘N’, the one dating ‘R’ :)  they are great people, it was a fun evening.  I've got pictures :)

 Well, to end off the week, literally the last contact of the week, we were walking down the street headed home on Sunday evening when I found myself just pleading for someone to show up on the dead streets, when a woman hopped on out of a grocery store and started to cross the street.  I quickly called her back and we started having a good chat.  She said her name was ‘H’ and she had been searching, with the Jehovah’s Witnesses, but still searching, so talked for about 10 minutes and explained the Book of Mormon and a bit more about our faith in a quick little rap up and tried to get her info. She said no, but was very excited to read, and was sure to get a hold of us after her own personal investigation.

I know that's at the moment where missionaries would normally go 'well shoot, see you never', but I have never felt so confident in a person getting in contact with the missionaries again.  Mark my words, whether now or later she sill get ahold of the missionaries again!  But that was the week. 

Today we had some fun service and then went shopping. We've had some pretty weird P days... I got a suit, it looks stellar, (hope it's in the budget ma and pa, It really was a necessity purchase) We even had the sisters along for a second opinion, so I feel pretty confident about this one :)  Anywho... It was a great week, this next one is going to be even better though. 
Elder Pitcher and his District

I'm glad to hear that things are going so well back home.  It's awesome to hear about missionary experiences, and am way proud of the both of you :)  It's important to share it with EVERYONE, and it's something I want to make a better focus on when I get home.  Of course. ;)  

I've noticed in the last little bit here, that it's time for me to up my game up with this new area.  Elder Brindley and I have been talking about it a lot this last week, mostly because we've been sick and haven't been able to work quite as much as we normally do, but this last district meeting kind of focused a bit on habits, and it got a lot of ideas rolling in our companionship about how we can focus on healthy habits that turn us into well-oiled machines that unconsciously do what we want them to do, not just what they are used to doing.  It's going great, and we both are really pushing this idea.  I'm applying a lot the scripture Alma 41: 15, one that talks about consequences.. One of my favorites :)  Anyway, that's my life. 

I love you both!
Ældste Pitcher