Elder Teagan J. Pitcher ... Serving in the Copenhagen Denmark Mission
Elder Pitcher
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." (Phillipians 4:13)

Thursday, June 11, 2015

June 8, 2015

Hey Ma and Pa!

Glad to hear that you all didn't get electrocuted in a storm :)  Sounds like a pretty crazy experience.  I really love each week getting to see the photos that you send.  I've never been much of a reader, so when I get to SEE how everyone is doing, that makes it a bit more fun for me.  :)  I am not going to turn this into a distraction, but since you two are no longer coming to get me, I'd like to know what souvenirs I should start looking for in advance to bring home for family?  Let me know and I'll keep an eye out.

This week Elder Higby and I finally reaped the blessings of having our first really progressing investigator in months. 'L' is the woman that Elder West and I found on splits. She has been reading, and asking questions, and really trying to find out the truth of what we are telling her. She recognizes the spirit so easily in her life, I don't think it will be too much longer in her progression before she gains a witness of the things we are telling her are true.  We have an appointment with her again tomorrow, so we'll see how that goes.

Last photo with Pres. Sederholm
This week has been filled with finding. We've spent hours looking for new friends to tell about the gospel. We've had good success finding potentially interested friends, hopefully that will translate into investigating friends this week. We actually met and started teaching a Chinese girl this week that seemed fairly promising, and even talked about having us lead an English class (which I love doing) for her and some of her other Chinese friends..... fast forward a few days later and I find myself at zone conference up in Aarhus asking a sister missionary in our mission, Sister Mann, to teach me some Chinese phrases, because she's actually fluent. No sooner does she hand me a paper with some Things to practice on it than we get a text from 'X' saying her mother is Buddhist and doesn't approve of us meeting with her... Bummer.


Last photo with Sister Sederholm
A good experience though is while out walking around Elder Higby and myself came across a man from Africa that didn't speak very much English or Danish, but seemed interested in the church, and said he spoke French. Remembering that we had a French copy of the Book of Mormon back at our apartment we asked him to wait for 2 minutes while we ran to grab it. That was a quick 100 meter dash back to our apartment. It led to an address and a phone number of a new friend that we'll be going by to teach this week, so it was worth it :)

I love you both lots and lots!  Pictures to come!
Ældste Pitcher