Elder Teagan J. Pitcher ... Serving in the Copenhagen Denmark Mission
Elder Pitcher
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." (Phillipians 4:13)

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

June 22, 2015

Hello Ma and Pa :)

1.  Turns out I left Sønderborg even better than I thought!  Two people we just barely started teaching (‘O’, and ‘K’) BOTH accepted baptismal dates this last week.  I was going nuts.  I'm way happy about both of them.  ‘K’ we found, and ‘O’ was a REALLY positive investigator who had just been out of the country for a while.  I only met both of them one time before I left, but I had been working hard for both of them, so it makes me feel good to see the fruit of my labors, even though I'm gone.  2.  Elder Brindley has been out for just one transfer after me.  I didn't realize it was so close to Grover.  We had a nice conversation about that just barely :) 3.  I tried to speak Danish with ‘K’ as much as possible. But like a lot of Danes that have lived in the States, she was a tough cookie to crack ;) Then again, she's been living there for a while from what I understand. They like to speak English ;)  Wonderful lady, and her faith in her brother is awesome.  ‘H’ is doing well, he came to church this week!  We've hooked him up with a ride to church, so I don't think this will be a one and done thing either.  He's working on getting to the temple, and he's making the small necessary steps, so keep him in your prayers :) 4. You'll have to be sure to tell Ron hi for me.  I haven't seen him for a while.  

My first week in Odense.  The ward here is AWESOME.  I already have my good friends, but the people I have only just gotten to know are so welcoming I already feel like I've been here for a while. 

The work is really good here in Odense.  We've had a lot of service projects, and everything is coordinated through and with the members when it comes to appointments, activities, assignments. It's a pretty well-oiled machine, probably the best unit that I've been in for that kind of coordination.

Anyway.  We had a good appointment with ‘J’, an older, recently reactivated, sophisticated artist who we are helping prepare to get to the temple.  He's incredible, I really look forward to working with him more. 

He's basically ready, and he actually taught the high priests this last week.  He just kind of wants a refresher on all the doctrine before he goes through again.  I'm sorry if I'm a little short on the update. 

There was actually quite a bit that happened this week, and the reason that I'm actually writing to you so late is because Elder Brindley got allergies, and then it turned into a sore throat, and now we are both kind of achy, and well....sick.. :P  So pray that I'll have energy to get through this week. 

I'm really looking forward to the work here and I don't want anything to slow me down. 

The district here is really awesome too.  I got to hang on to one of the sisters from my last district, Sis. Rovig. Can't remember if I said that, but she and her companion, Sis. Thompson, who actually went to SoJo and knows Quinn, are awesome.  Kind of like a Sis. Hale, Sis. Rogers combo. 

And then we have Elder Vance, a stud from Texas, who I actually went out contacting with on his first day in Denmark (in Elder Pike's group) a good friend, and his greenie Elder Poff from Kentucky.  Kind of shy, but whitty with his retorts, and sly sense of humor. 

It's a great group.  I couldn't be happier than to be a district leader, and I couldn't ask for a better district.  I'm having so much fun!  We actually stood up to sing in sacrament meeting this week.  I made sure to cheat and ask all of the young adults around me to come up and sing with us (‘R’, ‘N’ {‘R's BF} ;) and some others)  and it went pretty well :)  Good first impression in church I feel like. 

Anyway... I ended up making it a bit longer after all. So there you go :)  

Loves and stuff
Ældste Pitcher